Fizzy Water Fountains in Paris
Paris has set up its first fizzy water fountain in Jardin de Reuilly in south-east Paris. Eau de Paris reports that it is a huge success and already very popular. Our water campaign seeks to urge Venice to start by marking the existing public fountains and also to copy this initiative in a bid to reduce the estimated 13 million plastic bottles left behind by tourists every year.
Travel More Intelligently
The Madrid bus company EMT is now offering free wi fi on 60% of its routes. Unfortunately we cannot see this being introduced on Venice’s vaporettos, where most of the time it’s so crowded it’s hard to get a handkerchief out, never mind some handheld device. Great idea though, to encourage people onto public transport.
- Save Your Airfare-with Virtual Venice 21 Feb, at 17 : 24 PM
- Update on Venice Treviso Airport Shutdown Summer 2011 17 Feb, at 15 : 54 PM
- Venice Eye's Up London 16 Feb, at 19 : 44 PM
- Coldplay, Vasco Rossi and Negramaro Play Venice 15 Feb, at 10 : 16 AM
- How Venice Nearly Lost the Grand Canal 8 Feb, at 10 : 10 AM