Plan your trip
Think through carefully what you want out of your trip to Venice. If you want the full on canal-side romantic experience then you can at least save money with special offers from the main consolidators-Expedia, Lastminute etc. If you go at the right time of year i.e away from school /University holidays then further savings are available and the crowds vying with you for the major attractions much less. You can also stay at La Guidecca, Lido or Mestre and save money. The Lido is 15 mins away by vaporetto, Mestre a quick bus or train journey away. There is a youth hostel at La Guidecca.
Even in central Venice there are some cheap slightly eccentric options available
- Beautiful apartment in Venice, Dorsoduro 10 Jan, at 22 : 52 PM
- The Other Venice 21 Feb, at 18 : 08 PM
- Save Your Airfare-with Virtual Venice 21 Feb, at 17 : 24 PM
- Update on Venice Treviso Airport Shutdown Summer 2011 17 Feb, at 15 : 54 PM
- Coldplay, Vasco Rossi and Negramaro Play Venice 15 Feb, at 10 : 16 AM